PreparedStatement addBatch()

От AgentM
Тема PreparedStatement addBatch()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm trying to use the addBatch method on PreparedStatement using
pgsql 7.2 and the equivalent driver. I'd like to use the
PreparedStatement addBatch method as described at
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/jdbc/spec2/jdbc2.0.frame6.html
However, when I try to use it as such, I get
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.postgresql.jdbc1.PreparedStatement.addBatch()V
         at X(X.java:294)
         at Wrapper.main(Wrapper.java:24)
where X.java 294 is the
ps.addBatch();
call where ps is a PreparedStatement that has has been properly
initialized and variables entered. Following is some sample code
demonstrating the problem:

import java.sql.*;

public class pstest
{
     public static void main(String[] args) throws
ClassNotFoundException, SQLException {
         Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
         System.out.println("Driver loaded.");
         Connection db =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:Dud","postgres","pass");
         PreparedStatement ps=db.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO test
VALUES (?);");
         //ps.clearBatch();
         for(int i=0;i<37;i++)
             {
                 ps.setInt(1,i);
                 ps.addBatch();
             }
         ps.executeBatch();
         ps.close();
         db.close();
     }
}
The program dies on the ps.clearBatch() line if uncommented so I am
assuming that this JDBC functionality has simply not been written. Am
I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks.
--
AgentM
agentm@cmu.edu